Tomorrow’s People, Inc. provides leadership training and talent development for emerging leaders to elevate their skills, so they are able to provide higher value to their organizations.
What is Leadership Academy?
- A 9-month professional development program that teaches leadership skills, strategic visioning, and project management. It’s a robust learning experience that cultivates creativity, fosters team dynamics, and provides methods to manage effectively in rapidly changing times.
- Leadership Academy is tailored specifically to the mission and vision of your organization. The curriculum typically involves a three-hour orientation session followed by full day workshops each month for 8 months concluding with a formal presentation to senior leadership.
Ready to find out more?
Contact Us Today to Begin Your Journey to Success
Why should your organization establish a Leadership Academy?
- The current economy requires fewer but more talented employees. Staff members must perform to their highest levels in order for organizations to survive and thrive in the years ahead.
- Continuous learning is an essential component of successful organizations. Most organizations do not have an internal management development or leadership training program. This void is a problem given current demographics; baby boomers are retiring in record numbers leaving a critical leadership gap.
- The Leadership Academy prepares a core team of emerging leaders who are able to handle ambiguity, manage people effectively, implement bold initiatives, and navigate successfully in a new corporate culture.
The Leadership Academy Philosophy
- Tomorrow’s People, Inc. fosters the development of employees in a formal training setting specifically tailored to the strategic & operational needs of the clients we serve.
- Leadership Academy engages talented associates and broadens their skills so they can contribute more fully to their organization.
- Leadership Academy is a “development lab” where employees can take risks, learn and practice new leadership skills, manage a tangible project from concept to implementation, learn more about the inner workings of their organizations and become more aware of the political, regulatory, technological and competitive issues affecting their operation.
- Tomorrow’s People aligns a proven leadership training curriculum with the strategic needs of our clients in a supportive environment using the Seven Foundations of Leadership as the framework for class discussion and skill development.
The Seven Foundations of Leadership
- Leaders are passionate about their mission.
Leaders create a vision for the future and drive for results to achieve their vision.
- Leaders inspire followers.
Leaders communicate effectively and are catalysts for organizational change.
- Leaders confront challenges and adversity.
Leaders act with courage.
- Leaders value diversity and ensure inclusion.
Leaders give respect and are respected.
- Leaders are ethical and act with integrity.
Leaders are accountable to those they serve.
- Leaders nurture creativity.
Leaders foster innovation.
- Leaders seek opportunities for renewal and improvement for themselves and their organization.
Leaders help develop others through mentoring.
The Leadership Academy Curriculum
- Understanding mission
- Strategic visioning
- Project planning and project management
- Group dynamics & team building
- Persuasive Communication
- Tools for dynamic public speaking
- Tools for effective PowerPoint presentations
- Handling news media interviews with confidence, control and credibility
- Writing effectively
- Answering difficult questions
- Selling key messages
- Issue management
- Conducting effective meetings
- Managing internal and external conflict
- Ethics and ethical dilemmas
- Identifying best practices
- Tapping creativity
- Understanding emotional intelligence
- Personal leadership style assessment
- Managing culture change
- Self-renewal and continuous learning
- Diversity and inclusion